The ED701 is a small utility module that provides the user with the ability to quickly visualise signals in their system.
The 'Analyser' area to the left displays the FREQUENCY and PEAK-PEAK values of the input signal along with the THRESHOLD, TIMEBASE and FULL-SCALE settings of the miniScope controls.
When in [DC MODE], pressing the [OPTION] button will toggle the 'Analyser' area in to an alternate display where it will show the MEAN, MAXIMUM and MINIMUM voltage values of the input signal.
Pressing and holding the [MENU] selects the 'PARAMETER MENU] where the user can specify:-
- TRIGGER MODE: OFF (free-running), RISE - triggers on rising edge, or FALL - triggers on falling edge
- TRIGGER VALUE:
- TIMEBASE: 25uS/Sample, 50uS/Sample, 100uS/Sample, 200uS/Sample, 400uS/Sample or AUTO
- LINES/DOTS: The input signal can be displayed as series of DOTS or LINES
- INVERTED/NORMAL: In some environments switching the display to White-On-Black can provide a more easily readable display. NORMAL mode is Black-On-White
- BACKLIGHT: Turn ON or OFF the display backlight
Each setting is highlighted one at a time starting from the [TRIGGER MODE]. Pressing the [OPTION] key toggles through the available options while pressing the [MENU] key steps to the next setting downthe screen. After the last setting, the user is sent to the [TUNER MODE].
The ED701 would normally be used in [AC MODE] as its main function is to show wave shapes. Switching to [DC MODE] allows rough measurements of DC levels to be viewed.
TUNER MODE: An upgrade kit (requires minor modifications to the ED701 main board) gives the user a TUNER Mode that allows for accurate tuning of an input signal. The TUNER displays the nearest musical Note Name (A4, C#5 etc), the 'error' between the input signal and the musical note in cents and the actual frequency.
NB: Minimum input signal for frequency measurment is 1.6V pk-pk
This Module is available to buy as -
- A fully assembled module with 3.5mm sockets. (Eurorack 1/8" Standard)
- A fully assembled module with 4mm sockets. (Banana Jack)
- A full DIY kit, all parts and components to build your own 3.5mm sockets.
- A full DIY kit, all parts and components to build your own 4mm sockets
Contents: Module, Ribbon Cable, Screws
Build and Technical Information: Click Here
Elby Designs ED701 MiniScope Oscilloscope Tuner Eurorack Synthesizer Module
With Tracking 7-14 Business Days (Estimated)
Sales & Taxes.
The sale price listed is AUD (Australian Dollar), and is the final price to pay.
Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex), PayPal.
1-Year warranty against defects, and manufacturing faults. (Click for more)
This module is available to buy with 3.5mm (1/8" Jack) sockets or 4mm (Banana Jack) sockets.